2. Beauty sleep? Yeah, it’s real. Get some.
4. Guys: stubble makes you look smarter and more sociable.
6. Guys: deep, dominant voice. Ladies, keep it feminine. (But you already know that on some level; that’s why you speak differently when talking to attractive men.)
9. Guys, you need to move right, keep cool, and be confident. Or just go buy a puppy. And you know those obnoxious jerks who constantly lift weights, show off their fancy cars, and throw lots of money around? Well, that stuff works. But if you think you’re going to date a supermodel, you need to have the whole package… except brains, brains are optional.
10. Is none of this helping? Here’s a trick that doesn’t ask you to change anything about yourself: bring along a friend who has your basic physical characteristics (similar coloring, body type, facial features), but is slightly less attractive than you. It works.
Join 45K+ readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
More from Barking Up The Wrong Tree...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week