- Late Night Antics April 28
Another CBS late night host is leaving the network. During the Monday night taping for the Late Late Show, Craig Ferguson announced that he will step down in December.
"CBS and I are not getting divorced, we are 'consciously uncoupling,'" Deadline reports the host said. "But we will still spend holidays together and share custody of the fake horse and robot skeleton, both of whom we love very much."
Ferguson has been at the Late Late Show since Craig Kilborn left in January 2005, and his contract was set to expire this summer. There is no word yet on who will replace him. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Wait a minute, Mr. Postman: Why postal banking won't work
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week