- Late Night Antics April 29
Whoever on Jimmy Fallon's staff came up with the lip-sync battle really hit on a crowd-pleaser. You can hear it in the audience, and the enthusiasm translates through your screen at home (or work — we won't tell). On Monday night's Tonight Show, Fallon staged his latest lip-sync-off against Emma Stone. There's some good dramatic tension and some great lip-syncing, but half the fun is watching which song out of the past few decades Fallon and his guest select for their performances. Fallon rocks Styx's "Mr. Roboto." Stone absolutely nails Blues Traveler's "Hook" (a song I'd sort of forgotten about, too). But neither of those wins the contest. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
Subscribe to the Week