- Late Night Antics April 29
Whoever on Jimmy Fallon's staff came up with the lip-sync battle really hit on a crowd-pleaser. You can hear it in the audience, and the enthusiasm translates through your screen at home (or work — we won't tell). On Monday night's Tonight Show, Fallon staged his latest lip-sync-off against Emma Stone. There's some good dramatic tension and some great lip-syncing, but half the fun is watching which song out of the past few decades Fallon and his guest select for their performances. Fallon rocks Styx's "Mr. Roboto." Stone absolutely nails Blues Traveler's "Hook" (a song I'd sort of forgotten about, too). But neither of those wins the contest. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week