- happening now April 29
At least six people were injured this morning during a shooting at a FedEx facility outside of Atlanta, local media reports. Authorities said a male suspect, who remains on the loose, arrived at the warehouse around 6 a.m. and began shooting people. One person is in critical condition and five others were taken to a nearby hospital. Their names were not immediately released.
WXIA-TV reports that the facility is on lockdown and employees are being turned away as they arrive for work. FedEx released a statement at 7:20 a.m. indicating that it is "aware of the situation." Details are hazy about the suspect's identity and possible motive, but he is believed to be a male wearing all-black clothing and wearing shotgun shells around his left shoulder.
Update 9:05 a.m.: Police say the suspect is dead from what is "probably" a self-inflicted gunshot wound, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week