- happening now April 29
At least six people were injured this morning during a shooting at a FedEx facility outside of Atlanta, local media reports. Authorities said a male suspect, who remains on the loose, arrived at the warehouse around 6 a.m. and began shooting people. One person is in critical condition and five others were taken to a nearby hospital. Their names were not immediately released.
WXIA-TV reports that the facility is on lockdown and employees are being turned away as they arrive for work. FedEx released a statement at 7:20 a.m. indicating that it is "aware of the situation." Details are hazy about the suspect's identity and possible motive, but he is believed to be a male wearing all-black clothing and wearing shotgun shells around his left shoulder.
Update 9:05 a.m.: Police say the suspect is dead from what is "probably" a self-inflicted gunshot wound, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
Subscribe to the Week