- Awards Show Roundup April 29
The nominees for the 68th annual Tony Awards, which honors the year's best Broadway productions, have been announced.
The musical comedy A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder tops the list with a whopping 10 nominations, including Best Musical, Best Book, Best Original Score, and two separate nominations for Leading Actor in a Musical (for Jefferson Mays and Bryce Pinkham).
Other top plays include the Neil Patrick Harris-starring Hedwig and the Angry Inch (8 nominations), After Midnight (7 nominations), Beautiful: The Carole King Musical (7 nominations), and the revivals of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night (7 nominations) and Tennessee Williams' The Glass Menagerie (7 nominations). You can read a full list of the nominees at the official website for the Tony Awards.
The Tony Awards ceremony will be hosted by Hugh Jackman on June 8.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week