- Awards Show Roundup April 29
The nominees for the 68th annual Tony Awards, which honors the year's best Broadway productions, have been announced.
The musical comedy A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder tops the list with a whopping 10 nominations, including Best Musical, Best Book, Best Original Score, and two separate nominations for Leading Actor in a Musical (for Jefferson Mays and Bryce Pinkham).
Other top plays include the Neil Patrick Harris-starring Hedwig and the Angry Inch (8 nominations), After Midnight (7 nominations), Beautiful: The Carole King Musical (7 nominations), and the revivals of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night (7 nominations) and Tennessee Williams' The Glass Menagerie (7 nominations). You can read a full list of the nominees at the official website for the Tony Awards.
The Tony Awards ceremony will be hosted by Hugh Jackman on June 8.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Pope Francis' American problem
Subscribe to the Week