- Awards Show Roundup April 29
The nominees for the 68th annual Tony Awards, which honors the year's best Broadway productions, have been announced.
The musical comedy A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder tops the list with a whopping 10 nominations, including Best Musical, Best Book, Best Original Score, and two separate nominations for Leading Actor in a Musical (for Jefferson Mays and Bryce Pinkham).
Other top plays include the Neil Patrick Harris-starring Hedwig and the Angry Inch (8 nominations), After Midnight (7 nominations), Beautiful: The Carole King Musical (7 nominations), and the revivals of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night (7 nominations) and Tennessee Williams' The Glass Menagerie (7 nominations). You can read a full list of the nominees at the official website for the Tony Awards.
The Tony Awards ceremony will be hosted by Hugh Jackman on June 8.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- 10 things you need to know today: August 27, 2014
- 5 signs your 'limited' Iraq intervention is spiraling out of control
Subscribe to the Week