- Squee April 29
If you've always wondered what a half-donkey, half-zebra would look like, the Zoologico de Reynosa in northern Mexico has the answer. Khumba, the world's second zonkey born in the last two years, entered the world last week.
Khumba's mother is a zebra named Rayas, and his father, Ignacio, is a dwarf albino donkey. Both of his parents are also residents of the Reynosa Zoo.
Last year, another zonkey, Ippo, was born in Florence, Italy, to a zebra father and donkey mother. Unfortunately, Khumba himself won't be able to continue the zonkey line, as he is incapable of reproduction with any other species.
Watch Khumba play at the zoo below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- The conservative battle against ObamaCare won't end with Halbig
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- How to make classic pulled pork
Subscribe to the Week