- Squee April 29
If you've always wondered what a half-donkey, half-zebra would look like, the Zoologico de Reynosa in northern Mexico has the answer. Khumba, the world's second zonkey born in the last two years, entered the world last week.
Khumba's mother is a zebra named Rayas, and his father, Ignacio, is a dwarf albino donkey. Both of his parents are also residents of the Reynosa Zoo.
Last year, another zonkey, Ippo, was born in Florence, Italy, to a zebra father and donkey mother. Unfortunately, Khumba himself won't be able to continue the zonkey line, as he is incapable of reproduction with any other species.
Watch Khumba play at the zoo below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
Subscribe to the Week