- Squee April 29
If you've always wondered what a half-donkey, half-zebra would look like, the Zoologico de Reynosa in northern Mexico has the answer. Khumba, the world's second zonkey born in the last two years, entered the world last week.
Khumba's mother is a zebra named Rayas, and his father, Ignacio, is a dwarf albino donkey. Both of his parents are also residents of the Reynosa Zoo.
Last year, another zonkey, Ippo, was born in Florence, Italy, to a zebra father and donkey mother. Unfortunately, Khumba himself won't be able to continue the zonkey line, as he is incapable of reproduction with any other species.
Watch Khumba play at the zoo below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week