- Squee April 29
If you've always wondered what a half-donkey, half-zebra would look like, the Zoologico de Reynosa in northern Mexico has the answer. Khumba, the world's second zonkey born in the last two years, entered the world last week.
Khumba's mother is a zebra named Rayas, and his father, Ignacio, is a dwarf albino donkey. Both of his parents are also residents of the Reynosa Zoo.
Last year, another zonkey, Ippo, was born in Florence, Italy, to a zebra father and donkey mother. Unfortunately, Khumba himself won't be able to continue the zonkey line, as he is incapable of reproduction with any other species.
Watch Khumba play at the zoo below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week