- Oops April 29
Former Yankee Robinson Cano is back in New York Tuesday to play his old team for the first time since departing for the Seattle Mariners — and a lot more money — in the offseason. So Jimmy Fallon and company helped stage this fun gag wherein New Yorkers harangue and insult a giant picture of Cano — a picture conveniently large enough to hide the real Cano.
The surprised reactions are good enough, but the sight of Yankees fans booing a player for ditching his old team for more money elsewhere is an added bonus.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Cuba should beware of Westerners bearing gifts
Subscribe to the Week