- Oops April 29
Former Yankee Robinson Cano is back in New York Tuesday to play his old team for the first time since departing for the Seattle Mariners — and a lot more money — in the offseason. So Jimmy Fallon and company helped stage this fun gag wherein New Yorkers harangue and insult a giant picture of Cano — a picture conveniently large enough to hide the real Cano.
The surprised reactions are good enough, but the sight of Yankees fans booing a player for ditching his old team for more money elsewhere is an added bonus.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
Subscribe to the Week