- Oops April 29
Former Yankee Robinson Cano is back in New York Tuesday to play his old team for the first time since departing for the Seattle Mariners — and a lot more money — in the offseason. So Jimmy Fallon and company helped stage this fun gag wherein New Yorkers harangue and insult a giant picture of Cano — a picture conveniently large enough to hide the real Cano.
The surprised reactions are good enough, but the sight of Yankees fans booing a player for ditching his old team for more money elsewhere is an added bonus.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
Subscribe to the Week