Audiophile: Listen SmarterWhen will the Big One strike California?
Back-to-back tremors recently shook Los Angeles, increasing some Golden State jitters
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Shakespeare Uncovered
- This week I learned we should all wish to have eyesight like the mantis shrimp, and more
Frances Weaver is a senior editor at The Week magazine. Originally from the U.K., she has written for the Daily Telegraph, The Spectator and Standpoint magazine.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
When Americans banned Christmas
- 10 things you need to know today: December 25, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerous message of The Hunger Games
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The foolish cruelty of Catholic conservatives who want gays to disappear
- Why we can't educate racism away
Subscribe to the Week