Audiophile: Listen SmarterWhen will the Big One strike California?
Back-to-back tremors recently shook Los Angeles, increasing some Golden State jitters
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Shakespeare Uncovered
- This week I learned we should all wish to have eyesight like the mantis shrimp, and more
Frances Weaver is a senior editor at The Week magazine. Originally from the U.K., she has written for the Daily Telegraph, The Spectator and Standpoint magazine.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week