Audiophile: Listen SmarterWhen will the Big One strike California?
Back-to-back tremors recently shook Los Angeles, increasing some Golden State jitters
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Shakespeare Uncovered
- This week I learned we should all wish to have eyesight like the mantis shrimp, and more
Frances Weaver is a senior editor at The Week magazine. Originally from the U.K., she has written for the Daily Telegraph, The Spectator and Standpoint magazine.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week