Audiophile: Listen SmarterWhen will the Big One strike California?
Back-to-back tremors recently shook Los Angeles, increasing some Golden State jitters
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Shakespeare Uncovered
- This week I learned we should all wish to have eyesight like the mantis shrimp, and more
Frances Weaver is a senior editor at The Week magazine. Originally from the U.K., she has written for the Daily Telegraph, The Spectator and Standpoint magazine.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week