- In a studio far, far away April 29
After more than a year of anticipation, we finally know the actors who will soon be heading to a galaxy far, far away. A blog post at the official Star Wars website revealed the cast of the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII. The full list includes John Boyega (Attack the Block), Adam Driver (HBO's Girls), and Oscar Isaac (Inside Lllewyn Davis). They'll be joined by actors including legendary Swedish actor Max von Sydow, motion-capture guru Andy Serkis, and relative newcomer Daisy Ridley, whose most recent screen appearance was in an episode of Mr. Selfridge.
The blog post also revealed that the original cast of Star Wars will return, with Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), and Kenny Baker (R2-D2) slated to reprise their roles.
"We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII," said director J.J. Abrams. "It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week