- small town news April 29
See what you've done, Miley? Police in the Oregon city of Beaverton arrested three women Monday for "twerking" in front of the town's city hall. KPTV-TV reports that after Coura Valazquez showed up at court to pay a fine for a warrant, she and two friends celebrated by twerking in front of the building's windows, exposing their genitals, and peeing on cars.
One of the women filmed the entire routine with her cell phone, the Fox affiliate reports. All three were arrested for disorderly conduct.
But then it only got worse: Police discovered prescription drugs and marijuana in one of the suspects' cars. The other two women also had rap sheets for possession of cocaine and methamphetamines. All three were put in a county jail.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- 10 things you need to know today: July 24, 2014
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
Subscribe to the Week