- small town news April 29
See what you've done, Miley? Police in the Oregon city of Beaverton arrested three women Monday for "twerking" in front of the town's city hall. KPTV-TV reports that after Coura Valazquez showed up at court to pay a fine for a warrant, she and two friends celebrated by twerking in front of the building's windows, exposing their genitals, and peeing on cars.
One of the women filmed the entire routine with her cell phone, the Fox affiliate reports. All three were arrested for disorderly conduct.
But then it only got worse: Police discovered prescription drugs and marijuana in one of the suspects' cars. The other two women also had rap sheets for possession of cocaine and methamphetamines. All three were put in a county jail.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week