- This just in April 29
Seth MacFarlane and Jonathan Ames may seem like an unlikely duo to work together, but with Patrick Stewart in the mix, anything is possible.
Deadline announced today that Starz has ordered two seasons — 20 episodes in total — of Blunt Talk, a live-action sitcom that will star Patrick Stewart. MacFarlane, the man behind Family Guy and Ted, and Ames, a mystery novelist and creator of HBO's Bored to Death, have teamed up as executive producers of the show.
Stewart will star as Walter Blunt, a British actor with a nightly cable news show. He has previously worked with MacFarlane in voiceovers for Family Guy, American Dad, and Ted. EW reports that the series is expected to premiere sometime next year.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Surviving a plane crash
- Stop freaking out over the West's jihadi tourists
Subscribe to the Week