- This just in April 29
Seth MacFarlane and Jonathan Ames may seem like an unlikely duo to work together, but with Patrick Stewart in the mix, anything is possible.
Deadline announced today that Starz has ordered two seasons — 20 episodes in total — of Blunt Talk, a live-action sitcom that will star Patrick Stewart. MacFarlane, the man behind Family Guy and Ted, and Ames, a mystery novelist and creator of HBO's Bored to Death, have teamed up as executive producers of the show.
Stewart will star as Walter Blunt, a British actor with a nightly cable news show. He has previously worked with MacFarlane in voiceovers for Family Guy, American Dad, and Ted. EW reports that the series is expected to premiere sometime next year.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
Subscribe to the Week