- This just in April 29
Seth MacFarlane and Jonathan Ames may seem like an unlikely duo to work together, but with Patrick Stewart in the mix, anything is possible.
Deadline announced today that Starz has ordered two seasons — 20 episodes in total — of Blunt Talk, a live-action sitcom that will star Patrick Stewart. MacFarlane, the man behind Family Guy and Ted, and Ames, a mystery novelist and creator of HBO's Bored to Death, have teamed up as executive producers of the show.
Stewart will star as Walter Blunt, a British actor with a nightly cable news show. He has previously worked with MacFarlane in voiceovers for Family Guy, American Dad, and Ted. EW reports that the series is expected to premiere sometime next year.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to live a long life, according to science
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week