- hollywood 411 April 29
No Doubt singer Gwen Stefani will join longtime collaborator Pharrell Williams as the newest coach on the seventh season of The Voice.
The pair will join Voice veterans Adam Levine and Blake Shelton when filming begins later this year. The Hollywood Reporter says that Stefani and Williams will stop by the show May 5, with Williams performing "Come Get it Bae" and Stefani "Hollaback Girl," a Williams-produced track off of her debut solo album, Love.Angel.Music.Baby.
"We're so happy to have them join our ever-growing Voice family," host Carson Daly said during Tuesday night's episode. "They're both incredible people, insanely talented."
Stefani will replace singer Christina Aguilera, who is pregnant with her second child. Her hiatus won't last long; NBC announced that Aguilera will be back for season eight, likely to air in spring 2015. Stefani confirmed the news via her Instagram account, where she posted the picture below (copying The Voice's logo) with the caption "It's true." --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week