- hollywood 411 April 29
No Doubt singer Gwen Stefani will join longtime collaborator Pharrell Williams as the newest coach on the seventh season of The Voice.
The pair will join Voice veterans Adam Levine and Blake Shelton when filming begins later this year. The Hollywood Reporter says that Stefani and Williams will stop by the show May 5, with Williams performing "Come Get it Bae" and Stefani "Hollaback Girl," a Williams-produced track off of her debut solo album, Love.Angel.Music.Baby.
"We're so happy to have them join our ever-growing Voice family," host Carson Daly said during Tuesday night's episode. "They're both incredible people, insanely talented."
Stefani will replace singer Christina Aguilera, who is pregnant with her second child. Her hiatus won't last long; NBC announced that Aguilera will be back for season eight, likely to air in spring 2015. Stefani confirmed the news via her Instagram account, where she posted the picture below (copying The Voice's logo) with the caption "It's true." --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week