- hollywood 411 April 29
No Doubt singer Gwen Stefani will join longtime collaborator Pharrell Williams as the newest coach on the seventh season of The Voice.
The pair will join Voice veterans Adam Levine and Blake Shelton when filming begins later this year. The Hollywood Reporter says that Stefani and Williams will stop by the show May 5, with Williams performing "Come Get it Bae" and Stefani "Hollaback Girl," a Williams-produced track off of her debut solo album, Love.Angel.Music.Baby.
"We're so happy to have them join our ever-growing Voice family," host Carson Daly said during Tuesday night's episode. "They're both incredible people, insanely talented."
Stefani will replace singer Christina Aguilera, who is pregnant with her second child. Her hiatus won't last long; NBC announced that Aguilera will be back for season eight, likely to air in spring 2015. Stefani confirmed the news via her Instagram account, where she posted the picture below (copying The Voice's logo) with the caption "It's true." --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
Subscribe to the Week