- hollywood 411 April 29
No Doubt singer Gwen Stefani will join longtime collaborator Pharrell Williams as the newest coach on the seventh season of The Voice.
The pair will join Voice veterans Adam Levine and Blake Shelton when filming begins later this year. The Hollywood Reporter says that Stefani and Williams will stop by the show May 5, with Williams performing "Come Get it Bae" and Stefani "Hollaback Girl," a Williams-produced track off of her debut solo album, Love.Angel.Music.Baby.
"We're so happy to have them join our ever-growing Voice family," host Carson Daly said during Tuesday night's episode. "They're both incredible people, insanely talented."
Stefani will replace singer Christina Aguilera, who is pregnant with her second child. Her hiatus won't last long; NBC announced that Aguilera will be back for season eight, likely to air in spring 2015. Stefani confirmed the news via her Instagram account, where she posted the picture below (copying The Voice's logo) with the caption "It's true." --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Pope Francis' American problem
Subscribe to the Week