- Interesting... April 30
Former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty (R) has a message for his party: If you're really for the middle class, prove it by raising the minimum wage every once in a while.
"If you're going to talk the talk about being for the middle class and the working person, if we have the minimum wage, it should be reasonably adjusted from time to time," Pawlenty, CEO of the Financial Services Roundtable, said Wednesday in an appearance on MSNBC's Morning Joe.
Congressional Republicans have stonewalled Democratic-led efforts to raise the federal minimum wage since late last year. President Obama made raising the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour a cornerstone of his State of the Union address, and then by executive order hiked the rate for federal contractors to that level.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be charismatic, according to science
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week