- Interesting... April 30
Former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty (R) has a message for his party: If you're really for the middle class, prove it by raising the minimum wage every once in a while.
"If you're going to talk the talk about being for the middle class and the working person, if we have the minimum wage, it should be reasonably adjusted from time to time," Pawlenty, CEO of the Financial Services Roundtable, said Wednesday in an appearance on MSNBC's Morning Joe.
Congressional Republicans have stonewalled Democratic-led efforts to raise the federal minimum wage since late last year. President Obama made raising the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour a cornerstone of his State of the Union address, and then by executive order hiked the rate for federal contractors to that level.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week