- Coming Soon April 30
The internet is still busy poring over every tiny detail from Star Wars: Episode VII, but some big news for an equally high-profile franchise has slipped under the radar: Sharknado, the internet phenomenon that dares to explore what would happen if a city was attacked by a tornado full of sharks.
Sharknado 2: The Second One — yes, that's actually what it's called — won't premiere until July. But Syfy isn't wasting any time; in an interview with AdWeek, the network confirmed that a third Sharknado movie has already been ordered, with a likely release date in summer 2015. Syfy president Dave Howe told The Hollywood Reporter that he wants Sharknado to be "an annual event," so let's hope Tara Reid can free up the space in her schedule.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week