- Coming Soon April 30
The internet is still busy poring over every tiny detail from Star Wars: Episode VII, but some big news for an equally high-profile franchise has slipped under the radar: Sharknado, the internet phenomenon that dares to explore what would happen if a city was attacked by a tornado full of sharks.
Sharknado 2: The Second One — yes, that's actually what it's called — won't premiere until July. But Syfy isn't wasting any time; in an interview with AdWeek, the network confirmed that a third Sharknado movie has already been ordered, with a likely release date in summer 2015. Syfy president Dave Howe told The Hollywood Reporter that he wants Sharknado to be "an annual event," so let's hope Tara Reid can free up the space in her schedule.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
Subscribe to the Week