- Coming Soon April 30
The internet is still busy poring over every tiny detail from Star Wars: Episode VII, but some big news for an equally high-profile franchise has slipped under the radar: Sharknado, the internet phenomenon that dares to explore what would happen if a city was attacked by a tornado full of sharks.
Sharknado 2: The Second One — yes, that's actually what it's called — won't premiere until July. But Syfy isn't wasting any time; in an interview with AdWeek, the network confirmed that a third Sharknado movie has already been ordered, with a likely release date in summer 2015. Syfy president Dave Howe told The Hollywood Reporter that he wants Sharknado to be "an annual event," so let's hope Tara Reid can free up the space in her schedule.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Behind the newest attempt to get the Supreme Court to strike down affirmative action
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Why insects are the future of food
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week