- Coming Soon April 30
The internet is still busy poring over every tiny detail from Star Wars: Episode VII, but some big news for an equally high-profile franchise has slipped under the radar: Sharknado, the internet phenomenon that dares to explore what would happen if a city was attacked by a tornado full of sharks.
Sharknado 2: The Second One — yes, that's actually what it's called — won't premiere until July. But Syfy isn't wasting any time; in an interview with AdWeek, the network confirmed that a third Sharknado movie has already been ordered, with a likely release date in summer 2015. Syfy president Dave Howe told The Hollywood Reporter that he wants Sharknado to be "an annual event," so let's hope Tara Reid can free up the space in her schedule.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
Subscribe to the Week