- Coming Soon April 30
The internet is still busy poring over every tiny detail from Star Wars: Episode VII, but some big news for an equally high-profile franchise has slipped under the radar: Sharknado, the internet phenomenon that dares to explore what would happen if a city was attacked by a tornado full of sharks.
Sharknado 2: The Second One — yes, that's actually what it's called — won't premiere until July. But Syfy isn't wasting any time; in an interview with AdWeek, the network confirmed that a third Sharknado movie has already been ordered, with a likely release date in summer 2015. Syfy president Dave Howe told The Hollywood Reporter that he wants Sharknado to be "an annual event," so let's hope Tara Reid can free up the space in her schedule.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Four annoying sounds you need to stop making
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- Half-baked genetic research is fueling the latest round of mom bashing
- How collaborative innovation led to the experimental serum for Ebola
Subscribe to the Week