- that's so fetch April 30
It's been a decade since Mean Girls introduced us to the term "fetch," wearing pink on Wednesdays, and the rules of feminism. Over at The Daily Beast, they're celebrating the movie's 10th anniversary by sharing little-known facts about the ridiculously quotable film.
For instance, Lindsay Lohan was actually supposed to play Regina George, not Cady Heron, but the studio apparently thought audiences wouldn’t buy her as a "bad girl" (they did not have ESP). Speaking of Lohan, she was 18 during filming, making her the only main character who really could have been in high school. There's just a seven year age gap between Rachel McAdams and Amy Poehler, who played McAdams' not regular, but cool mom. Also, if you thought Jonathan Bennett, who played Aaron Samuels, looked like Jimmy Fallon, you're in good company: Tina Fey thought the same thing, and that's how he got the role.
Most importantly, though, Glen Coco is a real person, and friends with Fey. You go, Glen Coco!- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
Subscribe to the Week