- that's so fetch April 30
It's been a decade since Mean Girls introduced us to the term "fetch," wearing pink on Wednesdays, and the rules of feminism. Over at The Daily Beast, they're celebrating the movie's 10th anniversary by sharing little-known facts about the ridiculously quotable film.
For instance, Lindsay Lohan was actually supposed to play Regina George, not Cady Heron, but the studio apparently thought audiences wouldn’t buy her as a "bad girl" (they did not have ESP). Speaking of Lohan, she was 18 during filming, making her the only main character who really could have been in high school. There's just a seven year age gap between Rachel McAdams and Amy Poehler, who played McAdams' not regular, but cool mom. Also, if you thought Jonathan Bennett, who played Aaron Samuels, looked like Jimmy Fallon, you're in good company: Tina Fey thought the same thing, and that's how he got the role.
Most importantly, though, Glen Coco is a real person, and friends with Fey. You go, Glen Coco!- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
- Barack Obama's futile attempt to be a modern-day George Washington
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
Subscribe to the Week