- that's so fetch April 30
It's been a decade since Mean Girls introduced us to the term "fetch," wearing pink on Wednesdays, and the rules of feminism. Over at The Daily Beast, they're celebrating the movie's 10th anniversary by sharing little-known facts about the ridiculously quotable film.
For instance, Lindsay Lohan was actually supposed to play Regina George, not Cady Heron, but the studio apparently thought audiences wouldn’t buy her as a "bad girl" (they did not have ESP). Speaking of Lohan, she was 18 during filming, making her the only main character who really could have been in high school. There's just a seven year age gap between Rachel McAdams and Amy Poehler, who played McAdams' not regular, but cool mom. Also, if you thought Jonathan Bennett, who played Aaron Samuels, looked like Jimmy Fallon, you're in good company: Tina Fey thought the same thing, and that's how he got the role.
Most importantly, though, Glen Coco is a real person, and friends with Fey. You go, Glen Coco!- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week