- Late Night Antics May 1
The "Celebrity Photobomb" is one of the goofier segments on Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show, but there's something inexplicably fun about watching ordinary tourists obliviously having their photos taken while Fallon and his guest companion play around behind them. The celebrity on Wednesday night's segment was Cameron Diaz, and she and Fallon managed to include a sub sandwich and Pharrell Williams' Mountie-inspired hats in their hijinks.
There seems to be a natural limit to how many times they can pull this prank, though: It's enough of a stretch to believe tourists in New York City would believe somebody wants to take their photo without asking for payment; how soon will it stop being believable that visitors at the top of NBC headquarters have never seen Fallon's Celebrity Photobombs? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
Subscribe to the Week