- Late Night Antics May 1
The "Celebrity Photobomb" is one of the goofier segments on Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show, but there's something inexplicably fun about watching ordinary tourists obliviously having their photos taken while Fallon and his guest companion play around behind them. The celebrity on Wednesday night's segment was Cameron Diaz, and she and Fallon managed to include a sub sandwich and Pharrell Williams' Mountie-inspired hats in their hijinks.
There seems to be a natural limit to how many times they can pull this prank, though: It's enough of a stretch to believe tourists in New York City would believe somebody wants to take their photo without asking for payment; how soon will it stop being believable that visitors at the top of NBC headquarters have never seen Fallon's Celebrity Photobombs? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week