- Jokes May 1
Was President Obama a huge TRL fan? All signs point to "yes," after he made an 'N Sync joke on his official Facebook page.
The president (OK, let's be honest, it was a member of the White House's social media team) posted a photo of himself with Justin Timberlake on Wednesday, with the caption "It's gonna be May." Anyone who wore an "I Survived Y2K" shirt to middle school knows that this is a reference to the 'N Sync masterpiece "It's Gonna Be Me." (Oh, and the fact that it really is gonna be May.) For whatever reason, when young Timberlake recorded the song he pronounced "me" like the current month and now, 14 years later, the president is joking about it on Facebook. Not even Joey Fatone saw that one coming. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week