- Jokes May 1
Was President Obama a huge TRL fan? All signs point to "yes," after he made an 'N Sync joke on his official Facebook page.
The president (OK, let's be honest, it was a member of the White House's social media team) posted a photo of himself with Justin Timberlake on Wednesday, with the caption "It's gonna be May." Anyone who wore an "I Survived Y2K" shirt to middle school knows that this is a reference to the 'N Sync masterpiece "It's Gonna Be Me." (Oh, and the fact that it really is gonna be May.) For whatever reason, when young Timberlake recorded the song he pronounced "me" like the current month and now, 14 years later, the president is joking about it on Facebook. Not even Joey Fatone saw that one coming. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week