- The Daily Showdown May 1
The last time Jon Stewart dived into the colorful story of Rep. Michael Grimm, the Staten Island Republican had just threatened to throw an NY1 reporter off a high balcony in the U.S. Capitol, and it was caught on tape. Now that Grimm has been slapped with a 20-count federal criminal indictment, Stewart revisited the Grimm saga on Wednesday night's Daily Show.
There's a lot going on in this story, but one detail stopped Stewart short: Grimm's alleged crimes took place largely in his health food restaurant, Healthalicious. After lamenting about the sorry state of Northeastern corruption, Stewart had his best moment of the night: A finger puppet show about how mafia dealings might look in the buzz-wordy health food and diet world. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week