- The Daily Showdown May 1
The last time Jon Stewart dived into the colorful story of Rep. Michael Grimm, the Staten Island Republican had just threatened to throw an NY1 reporter off a high balcony in the U.S. Capitol, and it was caught on tape. Now that Grimm has been slapped with a 20-count federal criminal indictment, Stewart revisited the Grimm saga on Wednesday night's Daily Show.
There's a lot going on in this story, but one detail stopped Stewart short: Grimm's alleged crimes took place largely in his health food restaurant, Healthalicious. After lamenting about the sorry state of Northeastern corruption, Stewart had his best moment of the night: A finger puppet show about how mafia dealings might look in the buzz-wordy health food and diet world. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The week's best photojournalism
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week