- The Daily Showdown May 1
The last time Jon Stewart dived into the colorful story of Rep. Michael Grimm, the Staten Island Republican had just threatened to throw an NY1 reporter off a high balcony in the U.S. Capitol, and it was caught on tape. Now that Grimm has been slapped with a 20-count federal criminal indictment, Stewart revisited the Grimm saga on Wednesday night's Daily Show.
There's a lot going on in this story, but one detail stopped Stewart short: Grimm's alleged crimes took place largely in his health food restaurant, Healthalicious. After lamenting about the sorry state of Northeastern corruption, Stewart had his best moment of the night: A finger puppet show about how mafia dealings might look in the buzz-wordy health food and diet world. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 ways you're probably teaching your kids bad money habits
Subscribe to the Week