- The Daily Showdown May 1
The last time Jon Stewart dived into the colorful story of Rep. Michael Grimm, the Staten Island Republican had just threatened to throw an NY1 reporter off a high balcony in the U.S. Capitol, and it was caught on tape. Now that Grimm has been slapped with a 20-count federal criminal indictment, Stewart revisited the Grimm saga on Wednesday night's Daily Show.
There's a lot going on in this story, but one detail stopped Stewart short: Grimm's alleged crimes took place largely in his health food restaurant, Healthalicious. After lamenting about the sorry state of Northeastern corruption, Stewart had his best moment of the night: A finger puppet show about how mafia dealings might look in the buzz-wordy health food and diet world. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week