- The Daily Showdown May 1
The last time Jon Stewart dived into the colorful story of Rep. Michael Grimm, the Staten Island Republican had just threatened to throw an NY1 reporter off a high balcony in the U.S. Capitol, and it was caught on tape. Now that Grimm has been slapped with a 20-count federal criminal indictment, Stewart revisited the Grimm saga on Wednesday night's Daily Show.
There's a lot going on in this story, but one detail stopped Stewart short: Grimm's alleged crimes took place largely in his health food restaurant, Healthalicious. After lamenting about the sorry state of Northeastern corruption, Stewart had his best moment of the night: A finger puppet show about how mafia dealings might look in the buzz-wordy health food and diet world. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
Subscribe to the Week