- Oof May 1
The San Jose Sharks on Wednesday completed a historic implosion, falling to the L.A. Kings 5-1 in Game 7 of their opening round playoff matchup. In doing so, the Sharks became only the fourth NHL team ever to lose a best-of-seven series after taking a three games to none lead.
Already down 3-1 with two minutes left in Game 7, the Sharks pulled their goalie and promptly gave up an empty net goal, then another to seal defeat. The reaction from general manager Doug Wilson after the first empty-netter said it all. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
Subscribe to the Week