- Oof May 1
The San Jose Sharks on Wednesday completed a historic implosion, falling to the L.A. Kings 5-1 in Game 7 of their opening round playoff matchup. In doing so, the Sharks became only the fourth NHL team ever to lose a best-of-seven series after taking a three games to none lead.
Already down 3-1 with two minutes left in Game 7, the Sharks pulled their goalie and promptly gave up an empty net goal, then another to seal defeat. The reaction from general manager Doug Wilson after the first empty-netter said it all. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- How to be optimistic, according to science
Subscribe to the Week