- Oof May 1
The San Jose Sharks on Wednesday completed a historic implosion, falling to the L.A. Kings 5-1 in Game 7 of their opening round playoff matchup. In doing so, the Sharks became only the fourth NHL team ever to lose a best-of-seven series after taking a three games to none lead.
Already down 3-1 with two minutes left in Game 7, the Sharks pulled their goalie and promptly gave up an empty net goal, then another to seal defeat. The reaction from general manager Doug Wilson after the first empty-netter said it all. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week