- D'oh May 1
When your TV show has been on for 25 seasons, how do you come up with a fresh idea? The creative team behind The Simpsons has hit upon exactly the answer they would have openly mocked 15 years ago: corporate synergy!
This Sunday's episode will transport Springfield to the LEGO universe, offering block versions of many of the show's familiar characters. The first teaser promises "the adventure of a lifetime" when the LEGO version of Homer begins to experience mysterious visions of his traditional cartoon-y self.
It looks pretty bizarre, but it's yet another sign that they'll never stop The Simpsons — have no fears, they've got stories for years. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week