- D'oh May 1
When your TV show has been on for 25 seasons, how do you come up with a fresh idea? The creative team behind The Simpsons has hit upon exactly the answer they would have openly mocked 15 years ago: corporate synergy!
This Sunday's episode will transport Springfield to the LEGO universe, offering block versions of many of the show's familiar characters. The first teaser promises "the adventure of a lifetime" when the LEGO version of Homer begins to experience mysterious visions of his traditional cartoon-y self.
It looks pretty bizarre, but it's yet another sign that they'll never stop The Simpsons — have no fears, they've got stories for years. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week