- D'oh May 1
When your TV show has been on for 25 seasons, how do you come up with a fresh idea? The creative team behind The Simpsons has hit upon exactly the answer they would have openly mocked 15 years ago: corporate synergy!
This Sunday's episode will transport Springfield to the LEGO universe, offering block versions of many of the show's familiar characters. The first teaser promises "the adventure of a lifetime" when the LEGO version of Homer begins to experience mysterious visions of his traditional cartoon-y self.
It looks pretty bizarre, but it's yet another sign that they'll never stop The Simpsons — have no fears, they've got stories for years. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week