- D'oh May 1
When your TV show has been on for 25 seasons, how do you come up with a fresh idea? The creative team behind The Simpsons has hit upon exactly the answer they would have openly mocked 15 years ago: corporate synergy!
This Sunday's episode will transport Springfield to the LEGO universe, offering block versions of many of the show's familiar characters. The first teaser promises "the adventure of a lifetime" when the LEGO version of Homer begins to experience mysterious visions of his traditional cartoon-y self.
It looks pretty bizarre, but it's yet another sign that they'll never stop The Simpsons — have no fears, they've got stories for years. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
Subscribe to the Week