- D'oh May 1
When your TV show has been on for 25 seasons, how do you come up with a fresh idea? The creative team behind The Simpsons has hit upon exactly the answer they would have openly mocked 15 years ago: corporate synergy!
This Sunday's episode will transport Springfield to the LEGO universe, offering block versions of many of the show's familiar characters. The first teaser promises "the adventure of a lifetime" when the LEGO version of Homer begins to experience mysterious visions of his traditional cartoon-y self.
It looks pretty bizarre, but it's yet another sign that they'll never stop The Simpsons — have no fears, they've got stories for years. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Briefing: Offshore drilling and the environment
Subscribe to the Week