- Kids these days May 1
The latest sign that mindlessly peeing everywhere is the hottest new teen trend comes from New Jersey. Police arrested more than 60 high school seniors overnight for allegedly breaking into their school and flipping desks, greasing knobs, and perhaps most disturbingly, peeing in the hallways, in what was likely a senior prank gone awry.
The pandemonium triggered Teaneck High School's burglary alarm around 2:30 a.m., and police found several teens scurrying away in an attempt to hide from them. About 10 law enforcement agencies responded to help corral the annoying teenagers, reports NBC New York. Police Sgt. John Garland said the incident was the "craziest thing" he's ever seen in his nearly 20 years of police work.
The 24 kids who are over 18 years old will have to appear in court, but the ones who are minors were released back to their parents. The school is weighing its disciplinary actions against the kids. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
Subscribe to the Week