- Kids these days May 1
The latest sign that mindlessly peeing everywhere is the hottest new teen trend comes from New Jersey. Police arrested more than 60 high school seniors overnight for allegedly breaking into their school and flipping desks, greasing knobs, and perhaps most disturbingly, peeing in the hallways, in what was likely a senior prank gone awry.
The pandemonium triggered Teaneck High School's burglary alarm around 2:30 a.m., and police found several teens scurrying away in an attempt to hide from them. About 10 law enforcement agencies responded to help corral the annoying teenagers, reports NBC New York. Police Sgt. John Garland said the incident was the "craziest thing" he's ever seen in his nearly 20 years of police work.
The 24 kids who are over 18 years old will have to appear in court, but the ones who are minors were released back to their parents. The school is weighing its disciplinary actions against the kids. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- The week's best photojournalism
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
Subscribe to the Week