- Kids these days May 1
The latest sign that mindlessly peeing everywhere is the hottest new teen trend comes from New Jersey. Police arrested more than 60 high school seniors overnight for allegedly breaking into their school and flipping desks, greasing knobs, and perhaps most disturbingly, peeing in the hallways, in what was likely a senior prank gone awry.
The pandemonium triggered Teaneck High School's burglary alarm around 2:30 a.m., and police found several teens scurrying away in an attempt to hide from them. About 10 law enforcement agencies responded to help corral the annoying teenagers, reports NBC New York. Police Sgt. John Garland said the incident was the "craziest thing" he's ever seen in his nearly 20 years of police work.
The 24 kids who are over 18 years old will have to appear in court, but the ones who are minors were released back to their parents. The school is weighing its disciplinary actions against the kids. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
Subscribe to the Week