- Kids these days May 1
The latest sign that mindlessly peeing everywhere is the hottest new teen trend comes from New Jersey. Police arrested more than 60 high school seniors overnight for allegedly breaking into their school and flipping desks, greasing knobs, and perhaps most disturbingly, peeing in the hallways, in what was likely a senior prank gone awry.
The pandemonium triggered Teaneck High School's burglary alarm around 2:30 a.m., and police found several teens scurrying away in an attempt to hide from them. About 10 law enforcement agencies responded to help corral the annoying teenagers, reports NBC New York. Police Sgt. John Garland said the incident was the "craziest thing" he's ever seen in his nearly 20 years of police work.
The 24 kids who are over 18 years old will have to appear in court, but the ones who are minors were released back to their parents. The school is weighing its disciplinary actions against the kids. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week