- Beywatch May 2
There are few things Jon Stewart enjoys more than commenting on things that make Fox News frenemy Bill O'Reilly upset — as he himself pointed out at the beginning of Thursday night's Daily Show. Usually it's the War on Christmas, or marijuana legalization, or politics, but this time Stewart got to dig into something sexier: Beyoncé. O'Reilly is obsessively hot and bothered by Beyoncé's racy videos, Stewart said, but why? With an assist from "Senior Beyoncé Correspondent" Jessica Williams, Stewart unpacked the reasons O'Reilly might be picking on a successful, married mother (other than to tease video clips that give his elderly viewers "disapproval boners"), but he leaves us with a pretty good question: Shouldn't billionaires Beyoné and Jay Z consummating the sacrament of marriage in the back of a luxury car be "a conservative utopia"? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
Subscribe to the Week