- Beywatch May 2
There are few things Jon Stewart enjoys more than commenting on things that make Fox News frenemy Bill O'Reilly upset — as he himself pointed out at the beginning of Thursday night's Daily Show. Usually it's the War on Christmas, or marijuana legalization, or politics, but this time Stewart got to dig into something sexier: Beyoncé. O'Reilly is obsessively hot and bothered by Beyoncé's racy videos, Stewart said, but why? With an assist from "Senior Beyoncé Correspondent" Jessica Williams, Stewart unpacked the reasons O'Reilly might be picking on a successful, married mother (other than to tease video clips that give his elderly viewers "disapproval boners"), but he leaves us with a pretty good question: Shouldn't billionaires Beyoné and Jay Z consummating the sacrament of marriage in the back of a luxury car be "a conservative utopia"? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- Will the Higgs Boson destroy the universe in a cosmic death bubble?
- The impossible promise at the heart of Scotland's campaign for independence
Subscribe to the Week