- Beywatch May 2
There are few things Jon Stewart enjoys more than commenting on things that make Fox News frenemy Bill O'Reilly upset — as he himself pointed out at the beginning of Thursday night's Daily Show. Usually it's the War on Christmas, or marijuana legalization, or politics, but this time Stewart got to dig into something sexier: Beyoncé. O'Reilly is obsessively hot and bothered by Beyoncé's racy videos, Stewart said, but why? With an assist from "Senior Beyoncé Correspondent" Jessica Williams, Stewart unpacked the reasons O'Reilly might be picking on a successful, married mother (other than to tease video clips that give his elderly viewers "disapproval boners"), but he leaves us with a pretty good question: Shouldn't billionaires Beyoné and Jay Z consummating the sacrament of marriage in the back of a luxury car be "a conservative utopia"? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week