- I can bear-ly stand to watch May 2
Nobody tell Stephen Colbert, but not only are bears good at climbing things like trees, they can also manage hard surfaces like the side of a rocky gorge. I would have thought that their claws wouldn't be so good on that kind of surface, but this mother-and-cub team of Mexican black bears manage just fine. The baby struggles a bit, but practice makes perfect!
Check it out below. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science can help you survive scary movies
Subscribe to the Week