- I can bear-ly stand to watch May 2
Nobody tell Stephen Colbert, but not only are bears good at climbing things like trees, they can also manage hard surfaces like the side of a rocky gorge. I would have thought that their claws wouldn't be so good on that kind of surface, but this mother-and-cub team of Mexican black bears manage just fine. The baby struggles a bit, but practice makes perfect!
Check it out below. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
Subscribe to the Week