- Quotables May 2
Marvel picked a good time to kill off Wolverine in its comic books, because Hugh Jackman is apparently as through with the character as the company is.
Jackman portrayed Wolverine throughout the X-Men series, and also starred in 2013's The Wolverine. Apparently, he was as disappointed in that film as critics were. "I'm genuinely at that point where, unless it's better than the last one, I'm not going to do it," Jackman told SFX. He also said the last film was "predictable" and could have been improved.
Fans of Wolverine will still have one last chance to see Jackman on the big screen, though, when X-Men: Days of Future Past is released on May 23. There's no word on whether Jackman's abandonment of the character is related to the fact that he almost castrated himself with his Wolverine claws while filming the latest installment.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week