- Quotables May 2
Marvel picked a good time to kill off Wolverine in its comic books, because Hugh Jackman is apparently as through with the character as the company is.
Jackman portrayed Wolverine throughout the X-Men series, and also starred in 2013's The Wolverine. Apparently, he was as disappointed in that film as critics were. "I'm genuinely at that point where, unless it's better than the last one, I'm not going to do it," Jackman told SFX. He also said the last film was "predictable" and could have been improved.
Fans of Wolverine will still have one last chance to see Jackman on the big screen, though, when X-Men: Days of Future Past is released on May 23. There's no word on whether Jackman's abandonment of the character is related to the fact that he almost castrated himself with his Wolverine claws while filming the latest installment.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How I lost all my money
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- The best books we read in 2014
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week