- Quotables May 2
Marvel picked a good time to kill off Wolverine in its comic books, because Hugh Jackman is apparently as through with the character as the company is.
Jackman portrayed Wolverine throughout the X-Men series, and also starred in 2013's The Wolverine. Apparently, he was as disappointed in that film as critics were. "I'm genuinely at that point where, unless it's better than the last one, I'm not going to do it," Jackman told SFX. He also said the last film was "predictable" and could have been improved.
Fans of Wolverine will still have one last chance to see Jackman on the big screen, though, when X-Men: Days of Future Past is released on May 23. There's no word on whether Jackman's abandonment of the character is related to the fact that he almost castrated himself with his Wolverine claws while filming the latest installment.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week