- Quotables May 2
Marvel picked a good time to kill off Wolverine in its comic books, because Hugh Jackman is apparently as through with the character as the company is.
Jackman portrayed Wolverine throughout the X-Men series, and also starred in 2013's The Wolverine. Apparently, he was as disappointed in that film as critics were. "I'm genuinely at that point where, unless it's better than the last one, I'm not going to do it," Jackman told SFX. He also said the last film was "predictable" and could have been improved.
Fans of Wolverine will still have one last chance to see Jackman on the big screen, though, when X-Men: Days of Future Past is released on May 23. There's no word on whether Jackman's abandonment of the character is related to the fact that he almost castrated himself with his Wolverine claws while filming the latest installment.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- The disturbing lessons of Arizona's un-American execution
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week