- Quotables May 2
Marvel picked a good time to kill off Wolverine in its comic books, because Hugh Jackman is apparently as through with the character as the company is.
Jackman portrayed Wolverine throughout the X-Men series, and also starred in 2013's The Wolverine. Apparently, he was as disappointed in that film as critics were. "I'm genuinely at that point where, unless it's better than the last one, I'm not going to do it," Jackman told SFX. He also said the last film was "predictable" and could have been improved.
Fans of Wolverine will still have one last chance to see Jackman on the big screen, though, when X-Men: Days of Future Past is released on May 23. There's no word on whether Jackman's abandonment of the character is related to the fact that he almost castrated himself with his Wolverine claws while filming the latest installment.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sharknado isn't just stupid. It's bad for cinema.
Subscribe to the Week