- Daily Gossip May 2
As the star of ABC's Scandal, Kerry Washington is no stranger to keeping secrets — but it's still pretty impressive that she managed to give birth two weeks ago without anybody noticing.
Washington and husband Nnamdi Asomugha welcomed baby daughter Isabelle Amarachi, their first child, on April 21. She arrived just a few months after ABC cut Scandal's third season from 22 to 18 episodes in order to accommodate Washington's pregnancy. Nicely handled, everybody.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week