- Daily Gossip May 2
As the star of ABC's Scandal, Kerry Washington is no stranger to keeping secrets — but it's still pretty impressive that she managed to give birth two weeks ago without anybody noticing.
Washington and husband Nnamdi Asomugha welcomed baby daughter Isabelle Amarachi, their first child, on April 21. She arrived just a few months after ABC cut Scandal's third season from 22 to 18 episodes in order to accommodate Washington's pregnancy. Nicely handled, everybody.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
Subscribe to the Week