- That's Some Bad Herb May 2
The Austin-American Statesman reports that 17 people are being treated after they overdosed on a strain of synthetic marijuana dubbed "K2."
As of 3 p.m., Austin-Travis County EMS had treated 17 people in the past 55 hours for health issues related to the use of the drug. Some had seizures while others lost consciousness. Many became disoriented, and EMS said some became violent. [The Austin-American Statesman]
There are suspicions that the drug — which is usually made by spraying feel-good chemicals on herbs — may have been laced with something a little stronger than THC.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week