- Not a dry eye May 4
It's been an emotionally taxing week for the L.A. Clippers, who played on through their first round playoff matchup while controversy swirled around their banned-for-life owner, Donald Sterling. So after the team closed out Game 7 over the Warriors on Saturday, coach Doc Rivers talked with the media about how badly his team needed a cathartic series win.
"I just thought with all this stuff, this team just needed this win," he said.
Rivers was so ebullient that, even before the game ended, he was pacing the sideline high-fiving fans and pumping his fist.
The Clippers go on to face Oklahoma City, and it's safe to say plenty of otherwise impartial hoops fans will be cheering for L.A.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Your 2-year-old doesn't need to go to school
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- Will the Higgs Boson destroy the universe in a cosmic death bubble?
Subscribe to the Week