- Not a dry eye May 4
It's been an emotionally taxing week for the L.A. Clippers, who played on through their first round playoff matchup while controversy swirled around their banned-for-life owner, Donald Sterling. So after the team closed out Game 7 over the Warriors on Saturday, coach Doc Rivers talked with the media about how badly his team needed a cathartic series win.
"I just thought with all this stuff, this team just needed this win," he said.
Rivers was so ebullient that, even before the game ended, he was pacing the sideline high-fiving fans and pumping his fist.
The Clippers go on to face Oklahoma City, and it's safe to say plenty of otherwise impartial hoops fans will be cheering for L.A.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The dangers of our passionless American life
Subscribe to the Week