- Not a dry eye May 4
It's been an emotionally taxing week for the L.A. Clippers, who played on through their first round playoff matchup while controversy swirled around their banned-for-life owner, Donald Sterling. So after the team closed out Game 7 over the Warriors on Saturday, coach Doc Rivers talked with the media about how badly his team needed a cathartic series win.
"I just thought with all this stuff, this team just needed this win," he said.
Rivers was so ebullient that, even before the game ended, he was pacing the sideline high-fiving fans and pumping his fist.
The Clippers go on to face Oklahoma City, and it's safe to say plenty of otherwise impartial hoops fans will be cheering for L.A.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Four annoying sounds you need to stop making
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- Half-baked genetic research is fueling the latest round of mom bashing
Subscribe to the Week