- Not a dry eye May 4
It's been an emotionally taxing week for the L.A. Clippers, who played on through their first round playoff matchup while controversy swirled around their banned-for-life owner, Donald Sterling. So after the team closed out Game 7 over the Warriors on Saturday, coach Doc Rivers talked with the media about how badly his team needed a cathartic series win.
"I just thought with all this stuff, this team just needed this win," he said.
Rivers was so ebullient that, even before the game ended, he was pacing the sideline high-fiving fans and pumping his fist.
The Clippers go on to face Oklahoma City, and it's safe to say plenty of otherwise impartial hoops fans will be cheering for L.A.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week