- Not a dry eye May 4
It's been an emotionally taxing week for the L.A. Clippers, who played on through their first round playoff matchup while controversy swirled around their banned-for-life owner, Donald Sterling. So after the team closed out Game 7 over the Warriors on Saturday, coach Doc Rivers talked with the media about how badly his team needed a cathartic series win.
"I just thought with all this stuff, this team just needed this win," he said.
Rivers was so ebullient that, even before the game ended, he was pacing the sideline high-fiving fans and pumping his fist.
The Clippers go on to face Oklahoma City, and it's safe to say plenty of otherwise impartial hoops fans will be cheering for L.A.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week