- Burned May 4
From the moment Adam Silver announced a lifetime ban for L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling last week, you could almost hear Saturday Night Live's writers crumpling their script and writing a new opening sketch centered around the controversy. The resulting bit trotted out Sterling (played by Bobby Moynihan) to gripe about how he was the "real victim" in all of this. And though it fell flat in places and felt a little slapdash overall, it was not without a few solid zingers.
"My reputation has gotten a real black eye," Sterling said, "which we all know is the worst kind of eye." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
Subscribe to the Week