- Burned May 4
From the moment Adam Silver announced a lifetime ban for L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling last week, you could almost hear Saturday Night Live's writers crumpling their script and writing a new opening sketch centered around the controversy. The resulting bit trotted out Sterling (played by Bobby Moynihan) to gripe about how he was the "real victim" in all of this. And though it fell flat in places and felt a little slapdash overall, it was not without a few solid zingers.
"My reputation has gotten a real black eye," Sterling said, "which we all know is the worst kind of eye." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
Subscribe to the Week