- Burned May 4
From the moment Adam Silver announced a lifetime ban for L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling last week, you could almost hear Saturday Night Live's writers crumpling their script and writing a new opening sketch centered around the controversy. The resulting bit trotted out Sterling (played by Bobby Moynihan) to gripe about how he was the "real victim" in all of this. And though it fell flat in places and felt a little slapdash overall, it was not without a few solid zingers.
"My reputation has gotten a real black eye," Sterling said, "which we all know is the worst kind of eye." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week