- Burned May 4
From the moment Adam Silver announced a lifetime ban for L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling last week, you could almost hear Saturday Night Live's writers crumpling their script and writing a new opening sketch centered around the controversy. The resulting bit trotted out Sterling (played by Bobby Moynihan) to gripe about how he was the "real victim" in all of this. And though it fell flat in places and felt a little slapdash overall, it was not without a few solid zingers.
"My reputation has gotten a real black eye," Sterling said, "which we all know is the worst kind of eye." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Four annoying sounds you need to stop making
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 13 deliciously garlicky dishes for summer
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week