- Burned May 4
From the moment Adam Silver announced a lifetime ban for L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling last week, you could almost hear Saturday Night Live's writers crumpling their script and writing a new opening sketch centered around the controversy. The resulting bit trotted out Sterling (played by Bobby Moynihan) to gripe about how he was the "real victim" in all of this. And though it fell flat in places and felt a little slapdash overall, it was not without a few solid zingers.
"My reputation has gotten a real black eye," Sterling said, "which we all know is the worst kind of eye." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week