- Bitchin' Corvette May 4
It was one of FDR's vice presidents, John Nance Garner IV, who is credited with comparing his heartbeat-away-from-the-presidency office as "not worth a bucket of warm piss." That's kind of the premise of Veep, Julia Louis-Dreyfus' well-regarded HBO show. In this photo — maybe the most Joe Biden-y photo ever, second only to The Onion's iconic photoshopped shirtless Joe Biden washing a Trans-Am at the White House — Joe Biden doesn't make the office look all that shabby.
To understand why the fictional and real vice presidents are sitting side-by-side in a yellow Corvette, you have to watch this video from Saturday night's White House Correspondents' Association Dinner (somewhat self-obsessively referred to as the "nerd prom"). But that's an endeavor well-worth seven minutes of your time, maybe just for the cameos alone. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week