- Bitchin' Corvette May 4
It was one of FDR's vice presidents, John Nance Garner IV, who is credited with comparing his heartbeat-away-from-the-presidency office as "not worth a bucket of warm piss." That's kind of the premise of Veep, Julia Louis-Dreyfus' well-regarded HBO show. In this photo — maybe the most Joe Biden-y photo ever, second only to The Onion's iconic photoshopped shirtless Joe Biden washing a Trans-Am at the White House — Joe Biden doesn't make the office look all that shabby.
To understand why the fictional and real vice presidents are sitting side-by-side in a yellow Corvette, you have to watch this video from Saturday night's White House Correspondents' Association Dinner (somewhat self-obsessively referred to as the "nerd prom"). But that's an endeavor well-worth seven minutes of your time, maybe just for the cameos alone. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What if The Purge was real?
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
Subscribe to the Week