- Bitchin' Corvette May 4
It was one of FDR's vice presidents, John Nance Garner IV, who is credited with comparing his heartbeat-away-from-the-presidency office as "not worth a bucket of warm piss." That's kind of the premise of Veep, Julia Louis-Dreyfus' well-regarded HBO show. In this photo — maybe the most Joe Biden-y photo ever, second only to The Onion's iconic photoshopped shirtless Joe Biden washing a Trans-Am at the White House — Joe Biden doesn't make the office look all that shabby.
To understand why the fictional and real vice presidents are sitting side-by-side in a yellow Corvette, you have to watch this video from Saturday night's White House Correspondents' Association Dinner (somewhat self-obsessively referred to as the "nerd prom"). But that's an endeavor well-worth seven minutes of your time, maybe just for the cameos alone. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week