- 2014 Watch May 5
With President Obama still quite unpopular nationwide, Democratic lawmakers may be thinking twice about cozying up to him this election year. Count Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) among them.
Though Manchin isn't up for re-election this year, he gave a curt "no" when asked Monday on MSNBC's Morning Joe if he would invite the president to campaign alongside him. However, he did say he would tout ObamaCare were he running this year.
Manchin is one of the most conservative Democrats in Congress, so his disinclination to campaign with Obama is likely based more on policy disagreements than anything. He did, after all, literally shoot a White House cap and trade bill in a campaign ad.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week