- 2014 Watch May 5
With President Obama still quite unpopular nationwide, Democratic lawmakers may be thinking twice about cozying up to him this election year. Count Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) among them.
Though Manchin isn't up for re-election this year, he gave a curt "no" when asked Monday on MSNBC's Morning Joe if he would invite the president to campaign alongside him. However, he did say he would tout ObamaCare were he running this year.
Manchin is one of the most conservative Democrats in Congress, so his disinclination to campaign with Obama is likely based more on policy disagreements than anything. He did, after all, literally shoot a White House cap and trade bill in a campaign ad.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
Subscribe to the Week