- 2014 Watch May 5
With President Obama still quite unpopular nationwide, Democratic lawmakers may be thinking twice about cozying up to him this election year. Count Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) among them.
Though Manchin isn't up for re-election this year, he gave a curt "no" when asked Monday on MSNBC's Morning Joe if he would invite the president to campaign alongside him. However, he did say he would tout ObamaCare were he running this year.
Manchin is one of the most conservative Democrats in Congress, so his disinclination to campaign with Obama is likely based more on policy disagreements than anything. He did, after all, literally shoot a White House cap and trade bill in a campaign ad.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 10 things you need to know today: November 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week