- Shopping for lazy people May 5
Starting today, you can use Twitter to buy Amazon products. When you see something you like on Twitter, all you have to do is reply to the tweet with the hashtag #AmazonCart and the item is added to your Amazon cart automatically.
This video breaks it down, promising to take out the annoyance of "switching apps, typing passwords, or trying to remember items you saw on Twitter."
It's only a matter of time before this hashtag reaches Facebook and Instagram, turning social media into one global megamall. This is great news for Amazon and the extremely lazy, but Twitter doesn't get much out of this deal. According to an On the Media article, "Twitter does not receive any money on items bought using the process."- - Kaitlin Roberts
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week