- Shopping for lazy people May 5
Starting today, you can use Twitter to buy Amazon products. When you see something you like on Twitter, all you have to do is reply to the tweet with the hashtag #AmazonCart and the item is added to your Amazon cart automatically.
This video breaks it down, promising to take out the annoyance of "switching apps, typing passwords, or trying to remember items you saw on Twitter."
It's only a matter of time before this hashtag reaches Facebook and Instagram, turning social media into one global megamall. This is great news for Amazon and the extremely lazy, but Twitter doesn't get much out of this deal. According to an On the Media article, "Twitter does not receive any money on items bought using the process."- - Kaitlin Roberts
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 10 things you need to know today: July 24, 2014
Subscribe to the Week