- Shopping for lazy people May 5
Starting today, you can use Twitter to buy Amazon products. When you see something you like on Twitter, all you have to do is reply to the tweet with the hashtag #AmazonCart and the item is added to your Amazon cart automatically.
This video breaks it down, promising to take out the annoyance of "switching apps, typing passwords, or trying to remember items you saw on Twitter."
It's only a matter of time before this hashtag reaches Facebook and Instagram, turning social media into one global megamall. This is great news for Amazon and the extremely lazy, but Twitter doesn't get much out of this deal. According to an On the Media article, "Twitter does not receive any money on items bought using the process."- - Kaitlin Roberts
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week