- Shopping for lazy people May 5
Starting today, you can use Twitter to buy Amazon products. When you see something you like on Twitter, all you have to do is reply to the tweet with the hashtag #AmazonCart and the item is added to your Amazon cart automatically.
This video breaks it down, promising to take out the annoyance of "switching apps, typing passwords, or trying to remember items you saw on Twitter."
It's only a matter of time before this hashtag reaches Facebook and Instagram, turning social media into one global megamall. This is great news for Amazon and the extremely lazy, but Twitter doesn't get much out of this deal. According to an On the Media article, "Twitter does not receive any money on items bought using the process."- - Kaitlin Roberts
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week