- Shopping for lazy people May 5
Starting today, you can use Twitter to buy Amazon products. When you see something you like on Twitter, all you have to do is reply to the tweet with the hashtag #AmazonCart and the item is added to your Amazon cart automatically.
This video breaks it down, promising to take out the annoyance of "switching apps, typing passwords, or trying to remember items you saw on Twitter."
It's only a matter of time before this hashtag reaches Facebook and Instagram, turning social media into one global megamall. This is great news for Amazon and the extremely lazy, but Twitter doesn't get much out of this deal. According to an On the Media article, "Twitter does not receive any money on items bought using the process."- - Kaitlin Roberts
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week