- fashion May 5
The Costume Institute Gala — an annual fundraiser for the Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute — was held in New York City on Monday night, and the event was filled with the biggest names in the entertainment, arts, fashion, media, and sports worlds. Attendees are asked to dress in the style of the year's Costume Institute show, which for 2014 is "Charles James: Beyond Fashion." The New York Times has an extensive photo gallery featuring the outfits worn by Kim and Kanye, Bey and Jay, Rihanna, Lupita Nyong'o, Sarah Jessica Parker, Anna Wintour, and more. Check out a few of the looks below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week