- fashion May 5
The Costume Institute Gala — an annual fundraiser for the Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute — was held in New York City on Monday night, and the event was filled with the biggest names in the entertainment, arts, fashion, media, and sports worlds. Attendees are asked to dress in the style of the year's Costume Institute show, which for 2014 is "Charles James: Beyond Fashion." The New York Times has an extensive photo gallery featuring the outfits worn by Kim and Kanye, Bey and Jay, Rihanna, Lupita Nyong'o, Sarah Jessica Parker, Anna Wintour, and more. Check out a few of the looks below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Rise of the machines
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week