- fashion May 5
The Costume Institute Gala — an annual fundraiser for the Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute — was held in New York City on Monday night, and the event was filled with the biggest names in the entertainment, arts, fashion, media, and sports worlds. Attendees are asked to dress in the style of the year's Costume Institute show, which for 2014 is "Charles James: Beyond Fashion." The New York Times has an extensive photo gallery featuring the outfits worn by Kim and Kanye, Bey and Jay, Rihanna, Lupita Nyong'o, Sarah Jessica Parker, Anna Wintour, and more. Check out a few of the looks below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week