- fashion May 5
The Costume Institute Gala — an annual fundraiser for the Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute — was held in New York City on Monday night, and the event was filled with the biggest names in the entertainment, arts, fashion, media, and sports worlds. Attendees are asked to dress in the style of the year's Costume Institute show, which for 2014 is "Charles James: Beyond Fashion." The New York Times has an extensive photo gallery featuring the outfits worn by Kim and Kanye, Bey and Jay, Rihanna, Lupita Nyong'o, Sarah Jessica Parker, Anna Wintour, and more. Check out a few of the looks below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Girls on Film: 5 essential World War II movies directed by women
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week