- Watch this May 6
The Superman prequel series Smallville must have done well for The CW, because Fox has just signed on for its own prolonged backstory of Superman's main superhero rival, Batman. Gotham will premier this fall, and Fox released this extended trailer on Monday night to get people excited. Ben McKenzie plays a young Gotham Detective Jim Gordon (later commissioner) and David Mazouz is an even younger Bruce Wayne. Most of your favorite villains will appear, too, and Jada Pinkett Smith plays a new gangster character, Fish Mooney.
Fox has signed on for at least 13 episodes. If Smallville is any indication, there will eventually be a lot more than that. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week