- Late Night Antics May 6
Billy Bob Thornton went on Arsenio Monday night to talk about Fargo, the new film-to-TV series on FX in which he plays an evil killer. To prepare for the role, Thornton tells host Arsenio Hall, he read through the "missed connections" section at Craigslist. With little prompting, Thornton agreed to dramatically read a few on the show. Arsenio got his turn, too. Thornton's performances, especially, are pretty creepy. When he tells Arsenio that the Craigslist missed connections make for "great audition pieces for playing psychopaths," it's easy to believe him. Of course, the dramatic music helps, too. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
Subscribe to the Week