- Late Night Antics May 6
Billy Bob Thornton went on Arsenio Monday night to talk about Fargo, the new film-to-TV series on FX in which he plays an evil killer. To prepare for the role, Thornton tells host Arsenio Hall, he read through the "missed connections" section at Craigslist. With little prompting, Thornton agreed to dramatically read a few on the show. Arsenio got his turn, too. Thornton's performances, especially, are pretty creepy. When he tells Arsenio that the Craigslist missed connections make for "great audition pieces for playing psychopaths," it's easy to believe him. Of course, the dramatic music helps, too. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week