- Late Night Antics May 6
Billy Bob Thornton went on Arsenio Monday night to talk about Fargo, the new film-to-TV series on FX in which he plays an evil killer. To prepare for the role, Thornton tells host Arsenio Hall, he read through the "missed connections" section at Craigslist. With little prompting, Thornton agreed to dramatically read a few on the show. Arsenio got his turn, too. Thornton's performances, especially, are pretty creepy. When he tells Arsenio that the Craigslist missed connections make for "great audition pieces for playing psychopaths," it's easy to believe him. Of course, the dramatic music helps, too. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week