- Late Night Antics May 6
Billy Bob Thornton went on Arsenio Monday night to talk about Fargo, the new film-to-TV series on FX in which he plays an evil killer. To prepare for the role, Thornton tells host Arsenio Hall, he read through the "missed connections" section at Craigslist. With little prompting, Thornton agreed to dramatically read a few on the show. Arsenio got his turn, too. Thornton's performances, especially, are pretty creepy. When he tells Arsenio that the Craigslist missed connections make for "great audition pieces for playing psychopaths," it's easy to believe him. Of course, the dramatic music helps, too. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week