- Late Night Antics May 6
Billy Bob Thornton went on Arsenio Monday night to talk about Fargo, the new film-to-TV series on FX in which he plays an evil killer. To prepare for the role, Thornton tells host Arsenio Hall, he read through the "missed connections" section at Craigslist. With little prompting, Thornton agreed to dramatically read a few on the show. Arsenio got his turn, too. Thornton's performances, especially, are pretty creepy. When he tells Arsenio that the Craigslist missed connections make for "great audition pieces for playing psychopaths," it's easy to believe him. Of course, the dramatic music helps, too. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week