- Oops May 6
In a clip about the Sewol ferry disaster in South Korea that killed over 260 last month, Fox News allegedly broadcast footage of random sad Asian people instead of mourning Koreans, Global Post reports.
The footage, which has since been deleted from Fox's website, was of "people presumably from another region of Asia" and not Koreans, according to KoreAm, a blog covering Korean American culture.
Another blogger suggested the footage was actually of Tibetans crying following a recent avalanche at Mt. Everest. While we can't confirm the footage mix-up, these kinds of accusations are never a good thing.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week