- Oops May 6
In a clip about the Sewol ferry disaster in South Korea that killed over 260 last month, Fox News allegedly broadcast footage of random sad Asian people instead of mourning Koreans, Global Post reports.
The footage, which has since been deleted from Fox's website, was of "people presumably from another region of Asia" and not Koreans, according to KoreAm, a blog covering Korean American culture.
Another blogger suggested the footage was actually of Tibetans crying following a recent avalanche at Mt. Everest. While we can't confirm the footage mix-up, these kinds of accusations are never a good thing.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The next pandemic
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week