- Oops May 6
In a clip about the Sewol ferry disaster in South Korea that killed over 260 last month, Fox News allegedly broadcast footage of random sad Asian people instead of mourning Koreans, Global Post reports.
The footage, which has since been deleted from Fox's website, was of "people presumably from another region of Asia" and not Koreans, according to KoreAm, a blog covering Korean American culture.
Another blogger suggested the footage was actually of Tibetans crying following a recent avalanche at Mt. Everest. While we can't confirm the footage mix-up, these kinds of accusations are never a good thing.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 20, 2014
- This week I learned the meteor that doomed the dinos gave us seasonal trees, and more
Subscribe to the Week