- Oops May 6
In a clip about the Sewol ferry disaster in South Korea that killed over 260 last month, Fox News allegedly broadcast footage of random sad Asian people instead of mourning Koreans, Global Post reports.
The footage, which has since been deleted from Fox's website, was of "people presumably from another region of Asia" and not Koreans, according to KoreAm, a blog covering Korean American culture.
Another blogger suggested the footage was actually of Tibetans crying following a recent avalanche at Mt. Everest. While we can't confirm the footage mix-up, these kinds of accusations are never a good thing.- - John Aziz
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week