- Oops May 6
In a clip about the Sewol ferry disaster in South Korea that killed over 260 last month, Fox News allegedly broadcast footage of random sad Asian people instead of mourning Koreans, Global Post reports.
The footage, which has since been deleted from Fox's website, was of "people presumably from another region of Asia" and not Koreans, according to KoreAm, a blog covering Korean American culture.
Another blogger suggested the footage was actually of Tibetans crying following a recent avalanche at Mt. Everest. While we can't confirm the footage mix-up, these kinds of accusations are never a good thing.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week