- Oops May 6
In a clip about the Sewol ferry disaster in South Korea that killed over 260 last month, Fox News allegedly broadcast footage of random sad Asian people instead of mourning Koreans, Global Post reports.
The footage, which has since been deleted from Fox's website, was of "people presumably from another region of Asia" and not Koreans, according to KoreAm, a blog covering Korean American culture.
Another blogger suggested the footage was actually of Tibetans crying following a recent avalanche at Mt. Everest. While we can't confirm the footage mix-up, these kinds of accusations are never a good thing.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week