- coming soon? May 6
On Monday, pop star Adele celebrated her 26th birthday. But after a celebration in London, she also found time to give her fans a present: A tweet that certainly sounds like a hint that her highly anticipated third album is forthcoming.
Bye bye 25... See you again later in the year x pic.twitter.com/HEmY14El5s— Adele (@OfficialAdele) May 4, 2014
Adele's first two albums, 19 and 21, were titled for the age she was during the majority of that album's composition. For fans who have been eagerly anticipating a new Adele album since 21 came out in 2011, it's a hopeful hint that the majority of the work on her follow-up — which we can probably assume will be called 25 — has already been completed.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Why insects are the future of food
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week