- coming soon? May 6
On Monday, pop star Adele celebrated her 26th birthday. But after a celebration in London, she also found time to give her fans a present: A tweet that certainly sounds like a hint that her highly anticipated third album is forthcoming.
Bye bye 25... See you again later in the year x pic.twitter.com/HEmY14El5s— Adele (@OfficialAdele) May 4, 2014
Adele's first two albums, 19 and 21, were titled for the age she was during the majority of that album's composition. For fans who have been eagerly anticipating a new Adele album since 21 came out in 2011, it's a hopeful hint that the majority of the work on her follow-up — which we can probably assume will be called 25 — has already been completed.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week