- coming soon? May 6
On Monday, pop star Adele celebrated her 26th birthday. But after a celebration in London, she also found time to give her fans a present: A tweet that certainly sounds like a hint that her highly anticipated third album is forthcoming.
Bye bye 25... See you again later in the year x pic.twitter.com/HEmY14El5s— Adele (@OfficialAdele) May 4, 2014
Adele's first two albums, 19 and 21, were titled for the age she was during the majority of that album's composition. For fans who have been eagerly anticipating a new Adele album since 21 came out in 2011, it's a hopeful hint that the majority of the work on her follow-up — which we can probably assume will be called 25 — has already been completed.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
Subscribe to the Week