- coming soon? May 6
On Monday, pop star Adele celebrated her 26th birthday. But after a celebration in London, she also found time to give her fans a present: A tweet that certainly sounds like a hint that her highly anticipated third album is forthcoming.
Bye bye 25... See you again later in the year x pic.twitter.com/HEmY14El5s— Adele (@OfficialAdele) May 4, 2014
Adele's first two albums, 19 and 21, were titled for the age she was during the majority of that album's composition. For fans who have been eagerly anticipating a new Adele album since 21 came out in 2011, it's a hopeful hint that the majority of the work on her follow-up — which we can probably assume will be called 25 — has already been completed.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
Subscribe to the Week