- coming soon? May 6
On Monday, pop star Adele celebrated her 26th birthday. But after a celebration in London, she also found time to give her fans a present: A tweet that certainly sounds like a hint that her highly anticipated third album is forthcoming.
Bye bye 25... See you again later in the year x pic.twitter.com/HEmY14El5s— Adele (@OfficialAdele) May 4, 2014
Adele's first two albums, 19 and 21, were titled for the age she was during the majority of that album's composition. For fans who have been eagerly anticipating a new Adele album since 21 came out in 2011, it's a hopeful hint that the majority of the work on her follow-up — which we can probably assume will be called 25 — has already been completed.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Britain has basically decriminalized internet piracy. The U.S. should, too.
Subscribe to the Week