- IS THERE A GOVERNOR IN THE HOUSE? May 6
Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber (D), a former emergency room doctor, returned briefly to medicine Monday evening.
Kitzhaber was on his way to a dinner in downtown Portland when he noticed a woman lying on the ground, and that somebody else was trying to help her. He had his driver pull over, he performed CPR on the woman, who is believed to have overdosed on drugs. The woman was then taken to a hospital, and is expected to live.
This is not the first time that Kitzhaber has taken time out from politics to perform medical care in public. Back in April 2010, he gave first aid in the middle of a Democratic primary debate to an audience member who was suffering from a seizure.- - Eric Kleefeld
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week