- IS THERE A GOVERNOR IN THE HOUSE? May 6
Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber (D), a former emergency room doctor, returned briefly to medicine Monday evening.
Kitzhaber was on his way to a dinner in downtown Portland when he noticed a woman lying on the ground, and that somebody else was trying to help her. He had his driver pull over, he performed CPR on the woman, who is believed to have overdosed on drugs. The woman was then taken to a hospital, and is expected to live.
This is not the first time that Kitzhaber has taken time out from politics to perform medical care in public. Back in April 2010, he gave first aid in the middle of a Democratic primary debate to an audience member who was suffering from a seizure.- - Eric Kleefeld
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week