- Coming Soon May 6
In news that gives new meaning to the phrase "Spring Break Forevahhhh," Screen Daily reports that a sequel to the Harmony Korine film titled Spring Breakers: The Second Coming — in which "the Spring Breakers do battle with an extreme militant Christian sect that attempts to convert them" — is officially on the way.
Spring Breakers director Harmony Korine won't return for The Second Coming, and it's unclear which Spring Breakers cast members will show up in the sequel. Studio co-chief Vincent Maraval says that Spring Breakers: The Second Coming is "not a direct sequel, although there are allusions to some of the characters in the original," but adds that "there will be a mix of new and old cast in the production."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Painting the universe's portrait
Subscribe to the Week