- Coming Soon May 6
In news that gives new meaning to the phrase "Spring Break Forevahhhh," Screen Daily reports that a sequel to the Harmony Korine film titled Spring Breakers: The Second Coming — in which "the Spring Breakers do battle with an extreme militant Christian sect that attempts to convert them" — is officially on the way.
Spring Breakers director Harmony Korine won't return for The Second Coming, and it's unclear which Spring Breakers cast members will show up in the sequel. Studio co-chief Vincent Maraval says that Spring Breakers: The Second Coming is "not a direct sequel, although there are allusions to some of the characters in the original," but adds that "there will be a mix of new and old cast in the production."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- The week's best photojournalism
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week