- Coming Soon May 6
In news that gives new meaning to the phrase "Spring Break Forevahhhh," Screen Daily reports that a sequel to the Harmony Korine film titled Spring Breakers: The Second Coming — in which "the Spring Breakers do battle with an extreme militant Christian sect that attempts to convert them" — is officially on the way.
Spring Breakers director Harmony Korine won't return for The Second Coming, and it's unclear which Spring Breakers cast members will show up in the sequel. Studio co-chief Vincent Maraval says that Spring Breakers: The Second Coming is "not a direct sequel, although there are allusions to some of the characters in the original," but adds that "there will be a mix of new and old cast in the production."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week