- Coming Soon May 6
In news that gives new meaning to the phrase "Spring Break Forevahhhh," Screen Daily reports that a sequel to the Harmony Korine film titled Spring Breakers: The Second Coming — in which "the Spring Breakers do battle with an extreme militant Christian sect that attempts to convert them" — is officially on the way.
Spring Breakers director Harmony Korine won't return for The Second Coming, and it's unclear which Spring Breakers cast members will show up in the sequel. Studio co-chief Vincent Maraval says that Spring Breakers: The Second Coming is "not a direct sequel, although there are allusions to some of the characters in the original," but adds that "there will be a mix of new and old cast in the production."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
Subscribe to the Week