- Coming Soon May 6
In news that gives new meaning to the phrase "Spring Break Forevahhhh," Screen Daily reports that a sequel to the Harmony Korine film titled Spring Breakers: The Second Coming — in which "the Spring Breakers do battle with an extreme militant Christian sect that attempts to convert them" — is officially on the way.
Spring Breakers director Harmony Korine won't return for The Second Coming, and it's unclear which Spring Breakers cast members will show up in the sequel. Studio co-chief Vincent Maraval says that Spring Breakers: The Second Coming is "not a direct sequel, although there are allusions to some of the characters in the original," but adds that "there will be a mix of new and old cast in the production."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Why is Obama still smoking?
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week