- Coming Soon May 6
With a string of hits that includes Bridesmaids, Identity Thief, and The Heat under her belt, Melissa McCarthy is one of the hottest comediennes in Hollywood — but as both co-writer and star, her upcoming Tammy is probably the purest distillation of her comedic sensibilities yet. Tammy follows the titular character as she goes on a crime spree that includes robbery and resisting arrest.
Though the film's sprawling ensemble cast includes Mark Duplass, Toni Collette, and Dan Aykroyd, this trailer largely focuses on the relationship between Tammy and her grandmother (Susan Sarandon) — including an attempt to "un-rob" the fast food restaurant she robs at the start of the trailer.
Tammy was co-written and directed by McCarthy's husband Ben Falcone, who also starred as her love interest in Bridesmaids. It arrives in theaters on July 2. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Are hedge funds doomed?
Subscribe to the Week