- Really? May 6
Bob Johnson, a Republican candidate running to represent Georgia's 1st District, is not a fan of the TSA. In fact, he despises the agency so much that he said earlier this year he'd prefer to have more terror attacks than to have to deal with the screening agency.
"Now this is going to sound outrageous," he said, according to footage obtained by Politico, "I'd rather see another terrorist attack, truly I would, than to give up my liberty as an American citizen."
Johnson apologized in a statement, saying he was only trying to make a point that he would "much rather fight the enemy than our federal government."
A February poll found Johnson getting just two percent of the vote in a crowded GOP primary.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week