- Really? May 6
Bob Johnson, a Republican candidate running to represent Georgia's 1st District, is not a fan of the TSA. In fact, he despises the agency so much that he said earlier this year he'd prefer to have more terror attacks than to have to deal with the screening agency.
"Now this is going to sound outrageous," he said, according to footage obtained by Politico, "I'd rather see another terrorist attack, truly I would, than to give up my liberty as an American citizen."
Johnson apologized in a statement, saying he was only trying to make a point that he would "much rather fight the enemy than our federal government."
A February poll found Johnson getting just two percent of the vote in a crowded GOP primary.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week