- Really? May 6
Bob Johnson, a Republican candidate running to represent Georgia's 1st District, is not a fan of the TSA. In fact, he despises the agency so much that he said earlier this year he'd prefer to have more terror attacks than to have to deal with the screening agency.
"Now this is going to sound outrageous," he said, according to footage obtained by Politico, "I'd rather see another terrorist attack, truly I would, than to give up my liberty as an American citizen."
Johnson apologized in a statement, saying he was only trying to make a point that he would "much rather fight the enemy than our federal government."
A February poll found Johnson getting just two percent of the vote in a crowded GOP primary.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week