- Really? May 6
Bob Johnson, a Republican candidate running to represent Georgia's 1st District, is not a fan of the TSA. In fact, he despises the agency so much that he said earlier this year he'd prefer to have more terror attacks than to have to deal with the screening agency.
"Now this is going to sound outrageous," he said, according to footage obtained by Politico, "I'd rather see another terrorist attack, truly I would, than to give up my liberty as an American citizen."
Johnson apologized in a statement, saying he was only trying to make a point that he would "much rather fight the enemy than our federal government."
A February poll found Johnson getting just two percent of the vote in a crowded GOP primary.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
- Your 2-year-old doesn't need to go to school
Subscribe to the Week