- Liberal Media? May 6
That is, only seven percent of journalists identify their party affiliation as Republican, according to a new report, The American Journalist in the Digital Age, from Indiana University. What's more, the percentage of GOP-identifying journalists has more than halved in the past decade. At the same time, 28 percent of journalists claim Democratic Party affiliation.
So is that definitive proof that the Liberal Media is real? Not exactly. That 28 percent figure is actually a little lower than the 30 percent of all Americans who claim to be Democrats. And a little more than half of all journalists claim to have no party affiliation, so if that's to be believed, the media is overwhelmingly nonpartisan.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week