- Liberal Media? May 6
That is, only seven percent of journalists identify their party affiliation as Republican, according to a new report, The American Journalist in the Digital Age, from Indiana University. What's more, the percentage of GOP-identifying journalists has more than halved in the past decade. At the same time, 28 percent of journalists claim Democratic Party affiliation.
So is that definitive proof that the Liberal Media is real? Not exactly. That 28 percent figure is actually a little lower than the 30 percent of all Americans who claim to be Democrats. And a little more than half of all journalists claim to have no party affiliation, so if that's to be believed, the media is overwhelmingly nonpartisan.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The next pandemic
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week