- Liberal Media? May 6
That is, only seven percent of journalists identify their party affiliation as Republican, according to a new report, The American Journalist in the Digital Age, from Indiana University. What's more, the percentage of GOP-identifying journalists has more than halved in the past decade. At the same time, 28 percent of journalists claim Democratic Party affiliation.
So is that definitive proof that the Liberal Media is real? Not exactly. That 28 percent figure is actually a little lower than the 30 percent of all Americans who claim to be Democrats. And a little more than half of all journalists claim to have no party affiliation, so if that's to be believed, the media is overwhelmingly nonpartisan.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- America's most surprising banned books
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week