- Liberal Media? May 6
That is, only seven percent of journalists identify their party affiliation as Republican, according to a new report, The American Journalist in the Digital Age, from Indiana University. What's more, the percentage of GOP-identifying journalists has more than halved in the past decade. At the same time, 28 percent of journalists claim Democratic Party affiliation.
So is that definitive proof that the Liberal Media is real? Not exactly. That 28 percent figure is actually a little lower than the 30 percent of all Americans who claim to be Democrats. And a little more than half of all journalists claim to have no party affiliation, so if that's to be believed, the media is overwhelmingly nonpartisan.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Tony Blair: The Cassandra of the Middle East
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week