- Liberal Media? May 6
That is, only seven percent of journalists identify their party affiliation as Republican, according to a new report, The American Journalist in the Digital Age, from Indiana University. What's more, the percentage of GOP-identifying journalists has more than halved in the past decade. At the same time, 28 percent of journalists claim Democratic Party affiliation.
So is that definitive proof that the Liberal Media is real? Not exactly. That 28 percent figure is actually a little lower than the 30 percent of all Americans who claim to be Democrats. And a little more than half of all journalists claim to have no party affiliation, so if that's to be believed, the media is overwhelmingly nonpartisan.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week