- The Daily Showdown May 7
Most of the political (and thus media) attention in the gay rights debate centers around gay men, and gay marriage. On Tuesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart decided to see how lesbians are doing, and specifically how they're faring in gay-unfriendly red states. Stewart skipped the newlywed niceties of same-sex marriage and focused on the issues all couples grapple with later in life: Divorce, retirement, and death. His "Gaywatch" segment is much funnier than that list makes it sound, but Stewart's most memorable line involves the lesbian divorce case in Texas: "That is impressive to see a lesbian pulling such a dick move." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week