- The Daily Showdown May 7
Most of the political (and thus media) attention in the gay rights debate centers around gay men, and gay marriage. On Tuesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart decided to see how lesbians are doing, and specifically how they're faring in gay-unfriendly red states. Stewart skipped the newlywed niceties of same-sex marriage and focused on the issues all couples grapple with later in life: Divorce, retirement, and death. His "Gaywatch" segment is much funnier than that list makes it sound, but Stewart's most memorable line involves the lesbian divorce case in Texas: "That is impressive to see a lesbian pulling such a dick move." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week