- The Daily Showdown May 7
Most of the political (and thus media) attention in the gay rights debate centers around gay men, and gay marriage. On Tuesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart decided to see how lesbians are doing, and specifically how they're faring in gay-unfriendly red states. Stewart skipped the newlywed niceties of same-sex marriage and focused on the issues all couples grapple with later in life: Divorce, retirement, and death. His "Gaywatch" segment is much funnier than that list makes it sound, but Stewart's most memorable line involves the lesbian divorce case in Texas: "That is impressive to see a lesbian pulling such a dick move." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week