- The Daily Showdown May 7
Most of the political (and thus media) attention in the gay rights debate centers around gay men, and gay marriage. On Tuesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart decided to see how lesbians are doing, and specifically how they're faring in gay-unfriendly red states. Stewart skipped the newlywed niceties of same-sex marriage and focused on the issues all couples grapple with later in life: Divorce, retirement, and death. His "Gaywatch" segment is much funnier than that list makes it sound, but Stewart's most memorable line involves the lesbian divorce case in Texas: "That is impressive to see a lesbian pulling such a dick move." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to make corn dogs
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week