- Watch this May 7
Newly released surveillance video of the California teen who miraculously survived a five and a half hour flight from San Jose to Hawaii in a plane's landing gear shows the boy stumbling around shortly after the jet landed last month.
In a six-minute clip from a camera pointed at the runway of Kahului Airport in Maui, 15-year-old Yahya Abdi can be seen wobbling around the Hawaiian Airlines jet before moving out of view. He later reappears and approaches an employee wearing a yellow vest, per NBC News. The video, which was recorded the morning of April 20, matches the airport officer's first statement that mentioned an unidentified "juvenile male" who was "walking on the tarmac."
The boy, who finally returned to California over the weekend, told officers he missed his mother in Somalia and boarded a plane to reunite with her. The ordeal still isn't over for Abdi as San Jose Police are investigating a possible trespassing charge. However, they want to interview him first. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week