- Watch this May 7
Newly released surveillance video of the California teen who miraculously survived a five and a half hour flight from San Jose to Hawaii in a plane's landing gear shows the boy stumbling around shortly after the jet landed last month.
In a six-minute clip from a camera pointed at the runway of Kahului Airport in Maui, 15-year-old Yahya Abdi can be seen wobbling around the Hawaiian Airlines jet before moving out of view. He later reappears and approaches an employee wearing a yellow vest, per NBC News. The video, which was recorded the morning of April 20, matches the airport officer's first statement that mentioned an unidentified "juvenile male" who was "walking on the tarmac."
The boy, who finally returned to California over the weekend, told officers he missed his mother in Somalia and boarded a plane to reunite with her. The ordeal still isn't over for Abdi as San Jose Police are investigating a possible trespassing charge. However, they want to interview him first. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 12 holiday gifts for the hardest-to-shop-for people on your list
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week