- The future has arrived May 7
Forget I, Robot — it's more like F, Robot. A new survey reveals that one in five Brits would have sex with a robot. More than 2,000 people were polled about their perceptions toward the machines, and while many were wary of them (a third feared bots pose a serious threat to our livelihood), 46 percent of those surveyed said they'd either sleep with robots or wouldn't judge those who did.
"While many of us worry about the role of technology and machines in modern society, robots are increasingly being developed for important roles that will help protect and improve our lives," said Martin Smith, a professor from Middlesex University in Britain who oversaw the study. Part of those advances include quasi-sentient feelings that could show emotional intelligence and even imitate sex, if needed.
Read the rest at The Daily Beast.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Twin Peaks: What the newly revealed 'missing pieces' change about the series
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
Subscribe to the Week