- The future has arrived May 7
Forget I, Robot — it's more like F, Robot. A new survey reveals that one in five Brits would have sex with a robot. More than 2,000 people were polled about their perceptions toward the machines, and while many were wary of them (a third feared bots pose a serious threat to our livelihood), 46 percent of those surveyed said they'd either sleep with robots or wouldn't judge those who did.
"While many of us worry about the role of technology and machines in modern society, robots are increasingly being developed for important roles that will help protect and improve our lives," said Martin Smith, a professor from Middlesex University in Britain who oversaw the study. Part of those advances include quasi-sentient feelings that could show emotional intelligence and even imitate sex, if needed.
Read the rest at The Daily Beast.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 10 things you need to know today: August 29, 2014
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Subscribe to the Week