- The future has arrived May 7
Forget I, Robot — it's more like F, Robot. A new survey reveals that one in five Brits would have sex with a robot. More than 2,000 people were polled about their perceptions toward the machines, and while many were wary of them (a third feared bots pose a serious threat to our livelihood), 46 percent of those surveyed said they'd either sleep with robots or wouldn't judge those who did.
"While many of us worry about the role of technology and machines in modern society, robots are increasingly being developed for important roles that will help protect and improve our lives," said Martin Smith, a professor from Middlesex University in Britain who oversaw the study. Part of those advances include quasi-sentient feelings that could show emotional intelligence and even imitate sex, if needed.
Read the rest at The Daily Beast.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The disturbing lessons of Arizona's un-American execution
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
Subscribe to the Week