- The future has arrived May 7
Forget I, Robot — it's more like F, Robot. A new survey reveals that one in five Brits would have sex with a robot. More than 2,000 people were polled about their perceptions toward the machines, and while many were wary of them (a third feared bots pose a serious threat to our livelihood), 46 percent of those surveyed said they'd either sleep with robots or wouldn't judge those who did.
"While many of us worry about the role of technology and machines in modern society, robots are increasingly being developed for important roles that will help protect and improve our lives," said Martin Smith, a professor from Middlesex University in Britain who oversaw the study. Part of those advances include quasi-sentient feelings that could show emotional intelligence and even imitate sex, if needed.
Read the rest at The Daily Beast.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week