- Let's see that again May 7
It was bound to happen sooner or later.
With the game tied and two outs in the bottom of the ninth, Pittsburgh's Starling Marte smacked a triple. He then tried for home on a misfired relay throw, only to be gunned down at the plate — until the umps reviewed the play and determined he was actually safe.
This is why baseball finally instituted expanded replay this season. Replay is good. Replay is great. Replay gets calls right (most of the time.) All hail replay.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week