- Let's see that again May 7
It was bound to happen sooner or later.
With the game tied and two outs in the bottom of the ninth, Pittsburgh's Starling Marte smacked a triple. He then tried for home on a misfired relay throw, only to be gunned down at the plate — until the umps reviewed the play and determined he was actually safe.
This is why baseball finally instituted expanded replay this season. Replay is good. Replay is great. Replay gets calls right (most of the time.) All hail replay.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
Subscribe to the Week