- Let's see that again May 7
It was bound to happen sooner or later.
With the game tied and two outs in the bottom of the ninth, Pittsburgh's Starling Marte smacked a triple. He then tried for home on a misfired relay throw, only to be gunned down at the plate — until the umps reviewed the play and determined he was actually safe.
This is why baseball finally instituted expanded replay this season. Replay is good. Replay is great. Replay gets calls right (most of the time.) All hail replay.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Cuba should beware of Westerners bearing gifts
Subscribe to the Week