- Let's see that again May 7
It was bound to happen sooner or later.
With the game tied and two outs in the bottom of the ninth, Pittsburgh's Starling Marte smacked a triple. He then tried for home on a misfired relay throw, only to be gunned down at the plate — until the umps reviewed the play and determined he was actually safe.
This is why baseball finally instituted expanded replay this season. Replay is good. Replay is great. Replay gets calls right (most of the time.) All hail replay.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 10 things you need to know today: July 29, 2014
Subscribe to the Week