- Let's see that again May 7
It was bound to happen sooner or later.
With the game tied and two outs in the bottom of the ninth, Pittsburgh's Starling Marte smacked a triple. He then tried for home on a misfired relay throw, only to be gunned down at the plate — until the umps reviewed the play and determined he was actually safe.
This is why baseball finally instituted expanded replay this season. Replay is good. Replay is great. Replay gets calls right (most of the time.) All hail replay.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week