- built ford rough May 7
Although we don't know where exactly Rob Ford is undergoing treatment, it sounds like he's doing well. A newspaper columnist who spoke with the embattled Toronto mayor said the few days that Ford has spent in rehab have made him "apologetic and reflective." Last week, Ford said he was taking a leave of absence to get treatment for his problem with alcohol, and then disappeared. While the Toronto Sun interview is the first confirmation that the mayor had, in fact, left for rehab, it's still unclear where exactly he has gone.
Ford made his first publicly released comments to Toronto Sun writer Joe Warmington yesterday in a phone conversation. For what it's worth, Warmington claims whatever treatment Ford is undergoing appears to be helping. "He sounded a little tired but he also sounded empowered," the writer said to CBC News. "The stuff coming out of his mouth wasn't as dark and miserable as the stuff we've seen in some of his videos."
"Rehab is amazing," said Ford. "It reminds me of football camp. Kind of like the Washington Redskins camp I went to as a kid."
Read the rest of the column at the Toronto Sun.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 10 things you need to know today: July 24, 2014
Subscribe to the Week