- Facepalm May 7
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 has been missing for two months now, and nine percent of Americans have a good idea who is responsible for its disappearance: aliens.
Three percent of adults say it is "very likely" that "space aliens, time travelers, or beings from another dimension," had something to do with the plane vanishing, according to a CNN poll. Another six percent say that theory is at least "somewhat likely."
Though it may sound far-fetched, the space aliens theory is still more plausible than the physically impossible "random black hole" idea put forward by one CNN host.
And in case you were wondering: Yes, the X-Files once covered this exact scenario.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- How I became a borderline hoarder
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
Subscribe to the Week