- Facepalm May 7
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 has been missing for two months now, and nine percent of Americans have a good idea who is responsible for its disappearance: aliens.
Three percent of adults say it is "very likely" that "space aliens, time travelers, or beings from another dimension," had something to do with the plane vanishing, according to a CNN poll. Another six percent say that theory is at least "somewhat likely."
Though it may sound far-fetched, the space aliens theory is still more plausible than the physically impossible "random black hole" idea put forward by one CNN host.
And in case you were wondering: Yes, the X-Files once covered this exact scenario.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week