- Facepalm May 7
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 has been missing for two months now, and nine percent of Americans have a good idea who is responsible for its disappearance: aliens.
Three percent of adults say it is "very likely" that "space aliens, time travelers, or beings from another dimension," had something to do with the plane vanishing, according to a CNN poll. Another six percent say that theory is at least "somewhat likely."
Though it may sound far-fetched, the space aliens theory is still more plausible than the physically impossible "random black hole" idea put forward by one CNN host.
And in case you were wondering: Yes, the X-Files once covered this exact scenario.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The week's best editorial cartoons
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week