- Facepalm May 7
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 has been missing for two months now, and nine percent of Americans have a good idea who is responsible for its disappearance: aliens.
Three percent of adults say it is "very likely" that "space aliens, time travelers, or beings from another dimension," had something to do with the plane vanishing, according to a CNN poll. Another six percent say that theory is at least "somewhat likely."
Though it may sound far-fetched, the space aliens theory is still more plausible than the physically impossible "random black hole" idea put forward by one CNN host.
And in case you were wondering: Yes, the X-Files once covered this exact scenario.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week