- Facepalm May 7
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 has been missing for two months now, and nine percent of Americans have a good idea who is responsible for its disappearance: aliens.
Three percent of adults say it is "very likely" that "space aliens, time travelers, or beings from another dimension," had something to do with the plane vanishing, according to a CNN poll. Another six percent say that theory is at least "somewhat likely."
Though it may sound far-fetched, the space aliens theory is still more plausible than the physically impossible "random black hole" idea put forward by one CNN host.
And in case you were wondering: Yes, the X-Files once covered this exact scenario.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week