- Quotables May 7
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) says she hopes grandmother-to-be Hillary Clinton will reconsider her stance on abortion now that her daughter, Chelsea, is pregnant.
"It's a real baby," Palin said in an interview with Mario Lopez. "It's not some disposable something."
"But those who — perhaps, they're in this position now as a parent or a grandparent, they realize the sanctity of life," she added, saying "maybe even on a social issue like that she'll open her eyes."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 10 things you need to know today: July 29, 2014
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week